18/10/2015

Get Messy Art Journal Season Of Words Prompt Four


This week's Get Messy Art Journal pages are a little slower going up this week. I had major issues with the second page in my altered book which meant it went into emergency art journal surgery late on Wednesday night. See not all my pages turn out as wonderful as the seem in my head when you try to get them down on paper!
I went with a big impressive word that I'd never even heard of this week, bless pintrest! I created the border using some paper scraps I had lying around and I made the lettering with my Pentel water brush which is filled with ink for a change.


The transparent leaves are from a scrapbook kit, they fit in perfectly.


Here is the offending page that was not co operating this week. I wanted to base my page in Rebecca which is a long time favourite novel of mine. I've journalled the book before but I wanted to go with a different feel this time round, more sinister as the book is quite creepy.

I wanted to have a cut out frame and I wanted to use the photo of the gates with a tape transfer. Sadly the tape transfer would not co operate as I could not get it to stretch taught enough across the window and it was sagging and looking quite rubbish.

I had a brain wave whilst trying to get to sleep on Wednesday night and re printed the photo onto a transparency which worked out perfectly I think. I decorated the outside with some vintage Rhododendron illustrations I found on Flickr and kept them black and white to go with the theme.


I love how spooky it looks it's a great reflection of the feel of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...