05/06/2015

I won.... and I NEVER win!!

So I got some AMAZING news on Wednesday night totally out of the blue and was not expecting it at ALL!

I have been working along with the Art Journaling 101 class in Big Picture Classes and I have to say I have been loving the lessons and the whole setup. It's a fantastic class for anyone who is well into or just wanting to get started in Art Journalling and the prompts that Lauren and Caylee have put together are a great jumping off point for you when you are stuck for a thought or an idea or the blank page is just too scary for you.

Anyway, I digress. I made the below after seeing one of the prompts to use a large photo and to use photo and words.


I had the quote from Rebecca floating around in my head for a while but I was finding it hard to picture how I could do it justice as I wanted to make something special. My Dad used to read to me all the time when I was younger and Daphne Du Maurier was a firm favourite. Rebecca and Frenchman's Creek were my two favourite novels and I think this opening line is one of the all time greats.

When I found this image on a back of a lost property magazine I KNEW this what what I needed to make the page happen. It was fate I tell ya!

I scripted the letters at the bottom of the page but haha I didn't leave myself enough room. Gesso to the rescue and in hindsight I like it more with it as I think it really tones down the patterned paper I used.

OK OK so where's the AMAZING news I hear you yell!! I'm getting to it! I posted the page online and Get Messy featured it to which was brilliant in itself. But as I had tagged Big Picture Classes in it to they announced I had own their "Win on Wednesday" competition with my page and I'll be getting a box of goodies! *happy dance happy dance*

I'll be sure to post up the details of what I got from them. As it's coming from the States to Ireland it may take a wee while but I'll be stalking the postman from next week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Woop woop! WEll done and totally deserved! You have been putting your heart and soul into these pages. Did it come yet! R

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...